Winter is coming and so are the crowds, cold and expenses. It seems that the best part of the holiday is the look on the recipients face as they receive a gift or one that doesn't involve you going broke or paying for months after it's over.
We know that expenses are a part of the holidays, so why not make this holiday the most memorable by helping others?
There are simple ways to make every holiday one to remember. Starting a family tradition that involves helping others is a great place to start.
5 Ways To Give Back On The Holidays
- Pick names from a hat of those in need and have a set amount for a gift from adults and a craft from a child to deliver to the person they chose.
- Enjoy a holiday dinner and have each person tell the family what they are grateful for.
- Make a holiday dinner for a needy or lonely neighbor and deliver it or invite them over for dinner
- Give new toys to children/adults in the cancer unit or Toys for Tots.
- Deliver a coat or sweater to someone in need.
Helping others during the holiday is what makes us stronger as a community. Remembering those that are less fortunate will bring more blessing your way than you can imagine. The feeling of giving alone is a gift that is unlike any other. Just try it and you will see what I mean.
Giving is contagious and such a wonderful feeling. What will you give to make someone else smile and feel wanted? It doesn't take much; even a warm smile or hug is always appreciated. Happy Holidays!